Monday, January 14, 2008

Happy First Birthday to our Baby!!!




How is it possible that she's gone from THIS:




To this??!!



1 year - 365 days - I cannot believe that it's been a year. 365 days ago our lives were changed forever.
All weekend I've been reliving my whole labor and delivery experience and all that went with it, it feels like it was just yesterday we were bringing this helpless little baby home and now look at her! She's so funny and engaging, she has this amazing little personality - so happy and smiley all the time. Such a far cry from those first 2 or so months - months that seemed endless at the time.

I look back now and it's hard to believe just how difficult it was; I guess what they say is true - you always forget the "not so good" stuff and just focus on the happy stuff.

Ellery is a true joy and blessing in our lives. I know that she has changed me in so many different ways - I am more patient than I ever thought possible, I'm more capable than I knew before, and I now know the love a mother has for her child. It's true what they say, "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Little Princess!

1:47 PM  
Blogger ~Mel said...

Happy Birthday, Ellery!

I'm with your Mom, it feels like just yesterday that I was reading about your arriving into this world. You've grown into such a cute little girl - here's wishing you many more happy birthdays!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Happy Ellery Day!!!

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home