Wednesday, December 13, 2006

34 weeks and a doctor's visit


34 weeks yesterday - only 6 more to go. We're in the home stretch now :). I've still been feeling okay. . .mornings are tough. . getting out of bed is becoming a struggle and I'm pretty tired through the day. I'm surviving though.

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon - I was up 3 pounds - not too bad I guess LOL

Ellery's heartbeat was great. . everything was fine - or so I thought.

My blood pressure has been relatively low throughout my entire pregnancy like 110/70. Yesterday it was 120/90 - which isn't THAT high but I think in part because it's been so low, Dr. F was concerned :(

I had to have more blood taken and another urine test and instead of coming back in 2 weeks I have to go back again this coming Tuesday.

He told me that I have to start taking it easy or he's going to put me on bedrest. I absolutely CANNOT go on bedrest. If he puts me on bedrest 1 month before my due date I'll pretty much have NO maternity leave.

UGH - my mom ratted me out too lol she told him I've been running around etc. . . well YEAH. . . lol it's Christmastime.

ARGH.

SO - as a result we're pretty much cancelling all our plans this weekend - minus going to my father in law's for Christmas this Sat. and my parents for my birthday on Sunday. . . :(

makes me sad. . .and I'll confess - I am more than a little scared.

So if you're the praying type. . . say a prayer. . if not. . keep me (and Ellery) in your thoughts.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

If you do end up going on bed rest, can you take short (or long) term disability? Fingers crossed that things improve for you and Ellery.

6:20 AM  
Blogger {Amanda} said...

chris- thanks for the thoughts unfortunately STD is what i'm using for my maternity leave. . .ugh....hopefully it won't be an issue!

8:56 AM  
Blogger ~Mel said...

I'll say a prayer that everything is fine and that next Tuesday the doctor will feel that things are just fine. I'll also keep a few fingers & toes crossed.

Maybe little Ellery will just come a bit early (36/37 weeks-ish) and then you won't have to worry about bedrest.

But I completely understand & empathize with the worry & sheer panic of making sure nothing goes wrong. They tell us it's normal...

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

definitely praying for you & ellery, amanda!! you will be fine & i think cutting most things out this weekend will really help. take it easy,girlie, girl! :)

10:08 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Big hugs and prayers. :)

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will definitely keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers. I know it's hard at this time of the year, but take it easy and let everyone take care of YOU.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home