Monday, January 11, 2010

The Week You Turned 3 - Day 1

Well this is it folks - the week she turns 3 - How is it possible that my baby is going to be 3??!!

I stole this idea from another scrapbooker's blog - but since I am not home with Miss Ellery all day I have to modify it.

The idea was to document EVERYTHING that happened during the week (or so) before a child’s birthday – what time they woke up, what they had for breakfast, and so on and so forth

So, I’m doing a VERSION of this, clearly mine’s going to be different.

Ellery, you turn 3 in 3 days – and are the light of our lives – although sometimes you drive us batty – you are headstrong and stubborn like, ahem, your daddy, and creative and energetic like mommy.

You burst with empathy and love for others – you’ve never met a stranger, and everyone is your friend. I hope that this is something that you carry with you for the rest of your life.

Sometimes you seem so grown up and mature, (as mature as you can be at almost 3), and fiercely independent and then other times, when you’ve hurt yourself or are feeling unsure and a little lost – you show signs of needing Mommy and Daddy’s comforting embrace, and a whisper of “it’s okay baby”.

I knew my life would change when I became a mother; I am just not sure if I knew how totally and completely it would change. Three years ago this week we were preparing for your arrival, and having NO idea that everything was going to be turned upside down!!

You, my little angel, my sweet princess, have given us so much in 3 short years. I know that you’ll continue to give those around you so much love and joy and laughter.

Happy 3rd birthday week little monkey, Mommy & Daddy love you very much.

xoxo – 01/11/10

1 Comments:

Anonymous Atlanta Home Security said...

I'm impressed. You're truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. I'm saving this for future use.

Atlanta Home Security

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home