Monday, November 13, 2006

Shower time!!!




Yesterday was the baby shower that my parents threw for us.

It honestly was such a great day, filled with love and laughter. John, Ellery and I are so lucky to have so many people around us who love us and wanted to come celebrate with us!

My friend Michelle was kind enough to take pictures for us so that no one had to worry about having a camera - THANK YOU Michelle!!!!

here are some fun shots from the day:


The loot (some of it):

John looks THRILLED doesn't he???


oh. . i want THIS one in poster size!!!
The favors were packets of Margartia and Cosmopolitan mix:

The happy parents to be (man i totally do NOT look pregnant ROFL):


CUPCAKES!!!!!!!!! (thanks to my mom for baking them all and my aunt for decorating them all - broken wrist and all!)
Centerpieces:


So there you go! We are so overwhelmed with stuff right now. . . . we started going through last night. . hung up most of the clothes she got (a nice range of sizes too . .I think we need some more newborn stuff though as well as stuff like those fuzzy sleep and plays etc.). There are just a few things we still need. .the basics - bottles etc. Everyone was SO generous that some of the smaller stuff got overlooked. .which is FINE with me :) I'd rather buy bottles than a car seat any day :)
so all in all it was a simply fantastic day!!!




5 Comments:

Blogger ~Mel said...

I'm so glad you guys had such a wonderful, loving day!! And can I just tell you - I love your shirt. You look adorable! The centerpieces are so cute - your Mom did a great job.

And look at all the fun loot - can wait to see pictures of the stuff!

Hopefully your eyes will be opened today ;)

5:16 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

What fun!
You look GREAT!
I love that shirt too...i never really wore anything 'cute' while pregnant :)

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww!! everything looks sooo wonderful!! you & john are seriously TOO CUTE, amanda!! i think you look fabulous..i see that baby bump, for sure!! so cute! and those cupcakes are ADORABLE! they look uber yummy! i am just so tickled for you! oh, and if it's alright, i need your address when you get the chance..i'd love to send you a little something Nate & I picked up for Ellery! ;) you can email me at nichole87220@aol.com when you have the time. thinking of you guys & so excited!

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wahooo!! :) sounds like a great time, you look fab..and so does john with the pink. ;) build character.

sounds like it was a fabulous day filled of love (and presents!) Love and presents, what could be better! :)

9:43 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

You are very welcome! :)

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home