Monday, April 16, 2007

Ellery's Christening


just so you all know what I married into. . these are all my brother and sister in laws (and families) minus one!
Ellery and her godparents:
Ellery and her grandparents:

Yesterday was such an amazing day. I got all choked up when they asked us in church what name we gave our baby and why we were there today (to have her baptized).


Ellery did phenomenal through the ceremony (all day actually!!). she slept through a lot of it. . . was awake for the actual baptism and didn't make a peep with the water!! She was also blessed by the Deacon with holy water that my mom brought back from Ireland before Ellery was even thought of (it was actually even before John and I were married!)


The dress she wore was made by my mom for me . . so it's 27 years told. The hat was a little small (as you can see LOL). Auntie Kerrin also bought Ellery a beautiful gold cross and chain that she wore as well.


After the ceremony we had the party after at a chinese restaurant. Ellery was SO good. People passed her around and she was just as happy as can be. She actually ended up taking a little nap on Auntie Sammie's shoulder for a bit.


Yesterday was also the anniversary of my Nanny's death. Kind of made it more special in a weird way. Ellery will never know her great Nanny but now they share a day.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a great day Amanda! give sweet lil' Ellery hugs and kisses from Paddy, Mack and me!
Belle too!

11:46 AM  
Blogger ~Mel said...

Congratulations on such a special day, glad it was such a happy time for you all.

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home