Friday, August 29, 2008

A Pox Upon Our House!!!



Sounds good - very . . Shakespeare. Anyway - we (by we I mean Ellery) have the pox (by pox I mean the chicken variety).

How on EARTH the child got chicken pox is beyond me. Dr. C said they're either chicken pox or some kind of virus - if she got more then they're probably pox. Well. . . she got more between Wednesday (when she saw Dr. C) and yesterday. SO. . the pox it is.

Now of course I have mommy guilt coursing fast and furious through me. You see, John and I chose (with ME as the driving force of course) for Ellery NOT to receive the chicken pox vaccination. It didn't make sense to me to give her a vaccine for something like chicken pox when she was getting SO much other stuff injected in her (at her 12 or 15 month appointment. . can't remember which). PLUS it needs to be boostered at LEAST once and many kids who've had the shot get the pox anyway - AT any rate - John and I decided that if she didn't somehow contract them before going to school she could get it then. Well. . . guess I got what I wanted LOL.

Clearly I don't like her being sick - but I am kind of glad she's got it LOL Especially since it's not slowing her down or bothering her in the least!

She seems to have a very mild case - she only has about 8-10 spots . . .

anyone want to come over for a playdate?

hehe

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Mel said...

thanks for the offer, but I'll play at home! :)

1:53 PM  
Blogger *alicia* said...

Cannon and I will be right over. *hug*

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home