Monday, January 08, 2007

I'll know right??



Yes Ellery. .this is Mommy's new fear. . that I'm not going to know when I'm in labor until it's too late. . . too late for what??? I'm not really sure LOL - but just too late.

Friday afternoon I left work at 2pm. I would have sworn that this was IT. . but alas. . it wasn't. .I went home. . laid down. . had some crampy tightness on and off, intestinal issues (TMI) and some serious nausea. . . and I thought that it was the time. . . but alas. . nothin'.

I don't even know what a contraction is supposed to feel like. . so how am I supposed to know if I'm having them??!!

everyone keeps saying. . oh you'll know. ... .will I though? really??

So. since there was no baby this weekend. . here's what we did instead:

Sat. - went to the mall to preorder a game for John's Wii . . went to Kohls. . bought John 2 more dress shirts and ties for work. . I got socks (regular and trouser LOL) and I found some SLAMMING deals in the clearance - winter and christmas PJs for next year for the E monster, a Halloween sleeper, a baby's first christmas and halloween bib. . . . good stuff. . nothing was over 6.00. . .everything was 50% off of the clearance price. . . then we went and saw Happily N'ever after. . big waste o'time

Yesterday was a day filled with baby stuff. .we hit Babies R Us for a stuffed animal hammock. . . John put the swing, pack and play and my new glider together....then he tried to put up the aforementioned toy hammock.

After a lot of swearing we just took it back and ended up picking out a white toybox for Miss E's room. . which we came home and he put together. We just have a few odds and ends to put away/organize hopefully tonight and her room will FINALLY be done.... (minus the mess of scrapbooking stuff that is in there . .which i NEED to make neater. . )

so...we're just waiting. ...2 weeks from tomorrow till the due date (not that THAT date means anything ROFL)

:)

3 Comments:

Blogger ~Mel said...

So I learned yesterday in my childbirth class is that when your contractions start, you should feel your uterus/stomach. If the WHOLE thing is hard, then time it to see how long it lasts. If only a portion is hard then it's probably not a contraction. If that pattern continues (hard uterus/stomach) then you should call your doctor. Also, another way to know when 'it's time' is when your water breaks.

Don't worry about not knowing, really. That could actually prolong labor. Just try to take it day by day and she'll let you know when she's ready to see Mom.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i cannot believe how close it is!! wow, amanda! so exciting! and you are too funny about the "knowing!" I know I will feel the SAME way when we go to have a baby! Like, "what the heck?! will i really know?!" haha..but, from all the other moms I've heard from..you'll DEFINITELY know!! *wink* I'll be thinking great things for you & hope you have lots of comfort! Have a great week, girlie!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

You'll know. Good luck! And hold off until the 24th. That's my birthday and a good day to have a birthday if I do say so myself.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home